Saturday, March 16, 2013

Baby Food...

Emerie got the go ahead from her doctor at her four month checkup to start cereal and then start baby food at 5 1/2 months. I started with the rice cereal which she was not a fan of, so we quickly switched to oatmeal which she LOVES. She has been eating oatmeal now twice daily for about three weeks. I was hesitant to start baby food but on Monday we tried green beans. If I would have caught Emerie's reaction on video I would have gotten in trouble with authorities for child abuse. She shook and gagged and turned bright red. Needless to say we might not have a green bean eater on our hands, but I am not giving up that easy. She did eat it when mixed with her oatmeal :) On Thursday I gave her sweet peas. She didn't love them but she didn't hate them. She ended up eating much more than the green beans and I didn't have to mix them with cereal. I now know why her doctor wanted us to start with the yucky green stuff and introduce fruits last.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Oh, the adventures with baby food. Just wait until you start puffs - it is SO entertaining.

    ReplyDelete