Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our little Valentine...

Our Valentine's day was much different than all of our others in the past. Not only because we have little Emmy but because she came down with RSV. I had to rush into daycare and pick her up to go to the doctors office on Thursday where her doctor told us she was positive. I was devastated! Especially because I have done all in my power to avoid sick people and I thought that the breastfeeding would help too. So we spent the rest of Valentine's Day cuddling on the couch and then I woke up in a panic on Friday morning because Emerie slept through the night for about 10 hours straight (not normal for her to sleep through the night). Her fever finally broke on Saturday which marked the start of her feeling much better. Luckily I had Monday off for President's Day so she was able to stay home again. I feel very fortunate that she was able to recover from RSV within 5 days. I guess she does have one heck of an immune system!

She received a bag from daycare filled with goodies from the other kids in her nursery and the girls who take care of her. This all put a huge smile on my face, I am so happy we chose the daycare we did.


Her loot included a pear juice, goldfish, candy, bubbles and a little stuffed bear.

 
This brought a tear to my eye. The best Valentine's gift I have ever received yet (Sorry Ty). You just can't beat a picture of your smiling little peanut.

1 comment:

  1. That must have been SO scary! I'm happy she recovered quickly. And that goodie bag from daycare is super sweet - she is in the right place with the right people, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete