Monday, September 29, 2014

Emmy turns 2!!

Oh my goodness, how is my baby two already!! Why is life going by so much faster now that we have added a little person? I can actually think of a million reasons why. It amazes me though that I sometimes have those days that seem to drag on and on, when in all actuality life is just flying by before my eyes and I am powerless to stop it.

I was emotional on Emmy's birthday, on the 18th (the day of her actual birthday), I sent her to daycare as usual. I would have kept her home except I wanted to surprise her at lunch with a pizza party with all of her friends at daycare. Luckily, Domino's (our favorite) had $7.99 large pizzas. Those little stinkers ate 5 large pizzas and two dozen funfetti cupcakes! I couldn't believe it!

She was very surprised when they came in from playing to find me there in the lunchroom waiting for her.  This began my emotional rollercoaster for the next two days. She was so proud to show me off to all of her friends, and when they all were singing her Happy Birthday she had the biggest smile on her face. After the song they all continued on with a "Jesus Loves You" chant, which made my heart stop once again.

After the daycare party it was back home with mommy for a much needed nap. When Tyson got home from work we gave her our gift which was her very own Minnie Mouse card table with two folding chairs. This kept her entertained the rest of the night.

 
This is shortly after she got it.....

 
this is 4 hours later....  (I did manage to get her a bath and pajamas but with a huge protest from her)

 
this was right before bed when I told her she had to tell her table goodnight.

 
Daycare pizza party!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Happy birthday, Emmy, we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete